Belize is a less known tax haven located on the coast of Central America. Belize borders with Mexico and Guatemala.
Belize Capital: Belmopan
Official languages: English, Spanish
The official currency of Belize: Belize Dollar (BZD), its exchange rate is fixed to the U.S. dollar 2 BZD / USD
Description and Benefits of a Belize offshore company
- The offshore company is IBC (similar to the Czech s. r. o.).
- Zero income tax on business outside of Belize.
- Unlimited amount of share (basic) capital, this capital does not have to be repaid.
- Accounting or annual submission of tax returns is not required.
- Suitable for the registration of ships and vessels.
- The use of nominee services (nominee shareholder and Managing Director).
- Non-public register - only the registration agent has data on persons participating in the company and is therefore not publicly accessible.
International Convention against money laundering and terrorist financing
Belize has signed these contracts. The practical importance of these agreements for company owners is mainly the fact that, where money laundering or financing of terrorism is suspected by a Belize company, its registration agent may provide personal data of persons participating in the company and the basic description of its operations to higher authorities that may forward the case even to the Czech Republic.
Avoidance of double taxation agreement (DTA) with the Czech Republic
This agreement is not concluded. Direct payments from Czech Republic to Belize are subject to withholding taxes. A Belize company is not suitable for direct sale of goods or services in the Czech Republic.
Agreement on the exchange of tax information with the Czech Republic
This agreement is not concluded.
Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
This agreement is concluded - a lower degree of ownership anonymity. Possibility of exchanging information in tax matters.
Common uses of Belize
- Holding (parent company) of another company for the purpose of anonymity of property ownership.
- Registration of ships and vessels.
- Means of acquiring Belize citizenship.
Establishing an offshore company in Belize