The United States of America (USA or U.S.A.) is a federal republic consisting of fifty states, and a Federal District which is Washington, D.C., which also serves as the capital of the USA. USA is located in North America, and occupies an area of the Atlantic from the Pacific Ocean and island territories.
The most used states to establish an offshore company
Capital city of USA: Washington, D.C.
US official language: English
Currency: U.S. dollar (USD)
On-line access to registers of U.S. firms
Commercial registers of U.S. companies are held, like in the Czech Republic (see justice.cz), online. It is therefore possible to find basic information about American corporations, the extent of this accessible information (whether you find owners, agents, or just basic information) varies according to the particular state of the registered office of the U.S. firms.
Description and advantages of offshore companies from USA
- USA will provide high reputation as the largest foreign investor.
- An offshore company in the United States is called a Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- LLC is a partnership; the partners are not liable for the liabilities of the company.
- Zero income tax providing the income comes from sources outside the U.S.
- LLC transfers the taxation of foreign income directly to the partners of the company. In many cases, however, withholding taxes are applied in the U.S., so U.S. offshore companies are not suitable for any form of financial flows.
- The Managing Director (Director) of the U.S. company may be a legal entity.
- A General meeting of a U.S. offshore company shall be held at least once a year, anywhere in the world and outside the U.S..
- Accounting and audit submission is not required.
- The possibility of opening bank accounts in all banks around the world.
- The Commercial register is public, however, it does not need to contain all relevant information.
International Convention against money laundering and terrorist financing
USA have signed these treaties. The practical importance of these agreements for company owners is mainly in the fact that, where money laundering or financing of terrorism is suspected by a U. S. company, its registeration agent may provide personal data of persons participating in the company and the basic description of its operations to superior authorities that can further forward the case even to the Czech Republic.
Avoidance of double taxation agreement (DTA) with the Czech Republic
This agreement is concluded, but excludes offshore LLC. Direct payments from the Czech Republic to the U.S. are subject to withholding taxes. Therefore, a U.S. offshore company is not suitable for direct sale of goods or services to the Czech Republic.
Agreement on the exchange of tax information with the Czech Republic
This agreement is concluded.
Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
This agreement is concluded.
Common uses of U.S. companies
- Holding (parent company) of another company (e.g. in the Czech Republic) in order to optimize the anonymity of property ownership and hide the true owner of the company structure and increase the prestige.
- Due to the withholding taxes and reporting obligations of bank accounts, it is not suitable for the direct sale of products or services, even in other offshore destinations.
- Companies providing international payments in the maximum amount of 10.000, - USD per year.
Establishing an offshore company in USA